Wednesday, July 1, 2009

more words

This morning, in the car, I was listening to the Brian Lehrer show on WNYC Public Radio, (it was a re-run,) and the topic was words and/or sayings we are sick of hearing. The band, They Might Be Giants was on, and they have a list of Banned words...

Don't Say That, Literally

Friday, May 29, 2009

John Flansburgh of the band They Might Be Giants discusses the running list the band keeps of "things we can no longer say." (a few examples: "my bad" "don't go there" "one hundred and ten percent" and "voted off the island"...


so, without further ado, here is some of their list:

It is what it is

My bad

I'm just sayin'

Literally

Its all good

No worries

Voted off the island

OMG

F--in

24/7

Same ol, same ol

Pushing the envelope

With all due respect

Outside the box

WTF

Thrown under the bus

No brainer

A hundred and ten percent

No problem

Amazing

LOL

Dude

Don't go there

Long story short

and one of my favorites,

You go girl

And while I do often enjoy saying many of these words & expressions, I will try to refrain from saying a few of them, notably..."No Problemo."


2 comments:

  1. Hann~ you go girl! wtf! 24/4 its literally like i try to think outside the box and push the envelope and ignore the same old, same old, but with all due respect, I continually get thrown under the bus!
    OMG!
    I give 100 and 10%, but i keep getting voted off the island, and to make a long story short, with all due respect... don't go there, dude!!! If i want to be who i am, its a no brainer! No problem if you don't like it because it is what it is. I'm just saying: art is amazing! Literally, its all good and its my life... WHATEVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, You are hysterical! Literally, omg!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line!