Tuesday, July 7, 2009

movin' on up!



Well, It seems like we're moving again! I know, I know! Twice in one year is crazy!

For a long time, when we lived in the cabin, I wanted to move. I used to bug Rich about it all the time... I guess I wasn't too happy there. I mean, it was a GREAT house, full of charm and cozy as hell. But, in all the time we lived there, which was 10 years, I never felt like it was our 'forever home.' Like, I kinda felt like we were the caretakers of the cabin...keeping it nice until the next owners.
So, I wanted to sell it and move, but Rich doesn't take to change easily , and it took me a while, and then, all of a sudden, we sold it! , amazingly enough, in the toughest market ever! Literally! It was rough leaving our friends, and the kids were upset too.

And so, we moved into this tiny condo, so we could be near Rich's job, and it's cool...but I know eventually we'll buy another house, somewhere, and maybe that will be our forever home.
So, I'm checking out towns in the area, somewhat, but I still don't think it's the best time to buy, I think prices will come down a bit more. And we like living here. Edison is so convenient to everything, I can get to Wegmans, or Menlo, or the Turnpike in 5 minutes. And we've made friends here too. And we're near our brother and sister, who we enjoy being with.

Anyway, back to the point. We're moving! again! But this time, it's only upstairs in the building we already live in. The builder called Rich and asked it we could move upstairs to #119, it's a little bit bigger, and for the same price as here. Our lease is up 3 months, anyway, and we do like it here, so we said OK, if they'll move us. He was hesitant , but I know they have a buyer for our unit, so I think he thought about it (for like 2 minutes!) and said we could have 2 of his guys help us move. So, Deal Done.

The only snag is , we have to move on August 1st! Anyhoo....it's gonna be alot of packing for a few days, and then we'll be upstairs, right off the elevator. So, we'll miss our ground floor unit, right by the side door, but upstairs has it's advantages too. We can leave our windows and sliding door open, can't do that downstairs. And I love the kitchen cabinets, especially the cabinet I keep my pots and pans in, it swivels out, and for the first time ever, I don't have a lot of clanging of pots to get to them.

I guess when you rent a condo, there's always that chance that they'll sell it and you have to move. But the condo is kinda nicer than the apartments I've seen. It's new. And apartments don't usually take dogs the size of Joey. And I have a W/D, which I use daily, not usually included in a regular apartment. And my patio is light and cheery.


So, that's the story. And, maybe it's for the best, hope so. Things sometimes do have a way of working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!