Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moving Day...minus 3 days and counting...

So, we're moving on Saturday, and, even though its only upstairs in the same building, it seems like a huge deal anyway. Of course, it isn't. Considering that I already packed up a whole house last year and moved to a 1 bdroom apartment, this is a lateral move, and relatively easy. The condo we've been renting has sold, and we had the choice to stay til our lease was up (Oct.) or go now to a bigger one, upstairs, for the same price, for a year. Not much choice, really, but its cool.

I've been packing cartons all week, kitchen stuff, bathroom, & living room. All I have left is the bedroom, and the last day stuff we're using of the kitchen & bath. Not too bad. And today I went to the A & P, and asked the manager if I could borrow a shopping cart, and he said YES!
So, that will be great for just loading it up and taking it to the elevator and into the new place.

The new apartment is on the second floor, in the middle, so we're gonna be using the elevator, or walking up the stairs a few times a day. No biggie. Actually, more exercise!
And I'm thinking of other advantages now:
  1. No one can look into the apartment, like on the first floor, so more privacy.
  2. Still the Southern exposure that we like so much, sun all day in winter, shady in summer.
  3. No more 'screaming mimi' neighbor next to us, ('though, not sure who is up there yet.)
  4. Bigger living room, bigger walk-in closet in bedroom.
  5. Still in the same building we like, in the back, not facing the parking lot.
  6. We won't have to move in November, new yearly lease til next July.
  7. The builder is moving us.
  8. We're kinda doing the builder a favor, which can't hurt.
So, once we get up there, I'm sure there will be others, & I'll let you know when I know.
Gotta go pack some more boxes. Not sure how Joey will do, but he sure got used to the tiny apartment, so I'm not worried about him, he's adaptable. I guess we are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!