Friday, July 17, 2009

Tubing On the Delaware River or How I spent my 55th Birthday!

did you ever hear the song, "down a lazy river..." ? well, that's exactly what my sister* and I did yesterday! We went tubing down the Delaware River which divides NJ & PA. It was the most idyllic, relaxing, fun time I've had , pretty much EVER. (or at least as long as I can remember.)

The weather was Perfect. Like the sun was out, but not all the time, so we didn't get burnt like toast. The water was cool, & refreshing, not too cold or too hot. We had 2 big,blue tubes that we tied together (thanks Joan), & floated our way down the 5.5 miles of open river. It's actually pretty comfy with your behind stuck in a tube, legs hanging over the side, & arms flapping & paddling. yeah, it is. really. It's maybe a little unnerving wondering whether some turtle or something is gonna bite your tush. But we laughed so hard I just about peed myself, and who would've known if I did? Stopping once during the trip down the river, we made our way over to the lunch spot, to get our 2 hot dogs, a frozen milky way bar, & a lemonade! also, Perfect.

The only thing we didn't have was a camera! Because you can't take anything that would get wet, & we didn't have a waterproof camera. So, in honor of my birthday trip, here is a photo of the Glorious Queens of the Delaware River Tubing Society of 2, (OK, its from last Christmas, but we still look just as good.)

and of course I picked up a couple of the famous Delaware River stones,
so see...we really did go there!


* (I've stopped calling Lynn my sister-in-law, and call her my sister now, 'cause I think after you have a s-i-l for over 40!years, you can drop the In Law part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!