Monday, July 13, 2009

Exodus


On Friday I went to my doctor's office in Hazlet. I have arthritis in my feet,(I know, too much information, sorry,) and once in a while I get a shot. It sounds awful, but it doesn't hurt at all, and then I can walk with no pain for a few months,at least. Anyway, as I was driving down the shore, I realized that it was a Friday, in the summer, on a gorgeous day,with the forecast of a perfect weather weekend. It was the weekend Exodus of the NYC, and North Jersey, to the various beaches of the Jersey Shores. OY! the thought of the summer, Friday, Parkway traffic alone is enough to make me go Totally out of my way to get somewhere...but, actually, it wasn't bad at all. Maybe I just missed it, or it was yet to come, but I slipped through and had a pleasant ride down.
from the rt35 bridge to the driscoll bridge

On the trip back, I decided to take Rt.35 back. When I was in Real Estate, I used to like to drive up coast along the different shore towns, from Loch Arbor, to Long Branch, to Fair Haven, to Rumson, to Sea Bright, to Highlands, to Atlantic Highlands, to Keyport, and on up. I'd look at the houses for sale, and fantasize in which one I would live, if I had the money to buy one. I used to go in and see lots of them too, and drag Rich or the kids along too. I guess you could call it my Obsession!, 'cause at that time, if you were an agent, you had a universal lock-box key that could open any house on the market, and go in and see it. So, I would 'preview' them...& I would actually take customers to some of these houses, and I even sold 1 or 2 of them.

We saw a lot of really great houses, most of them near the beach or river,and I learned about some great towns too. Isaac went to high school on Sandy Hook too, so taking him to school was always a fun trip for me too,about 1/2 hour from home and right out to the tip of NJ!
Maybe in a later post I will go take some pictures of the houses and towns I liked the best.


So, one of these towns was Lawrence Harbor. It's just a kinda dinky,shore-y,town, with little bungalow houses. Not much of a town. The street that faces a HUGE bay that leads to New York is called Shoreline Circle. Back then, you could buy a little house for about $100K! But, I always got talked out of it by the kids, and my dh, because they didn't want to live there. That happened a lot, me getting talked out of houses, and some of them (like the ones we saw in Loch Arbor, or Allenhurst,) are worth millions now.


million-dollar view at shoreline circle.

Guess you can't cry over spilled milk, or lost houses. But, sometimes, you can pout. :-d




No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!