Tuesday, June 16, 2009

reasons to be cheerful


To explain why I've started this blog ...
I want to really start doing my artwork more.
I don't know why I haven't. I'm not working, and I have all the time in the world to do it. Maybe that's why. I have a fine art degree, and was painting, regularly, about 20 years ago, around 1990. I was even teaching art classes with a friend.
I have plenty of materials. I have a great & supportive husband. I love him to death. and I have great grown-up kids , they don't need me, and I adore them beyond belief.

I know I was plenty depressed after my mom died. It was sudden and without warning..and we were best friends. Losing my parents was insanely hard for me. But, it's been 10 years, and I'm still here...waiting to start. So many ideas going nowhere.
After my mom died, I said I was gonna give myself a year or 2 to get my art career started. I rented a studio, but never got it together. That was over 7 years ago. I read a book about art and fear, and it was pretty spot on.
The only other thing I can blame this on is distraction and procrastination. And the internet of course, and total lack of discipline on my part.
Hence the title of this blog.

I used to believe that if I started something new, something bad would happen. I mean, It's happened before, many times...,
But, I did start something new, I Moved. and that's new. and It's a Big Thing. I moved from a big, 3 bdrm house, into a tiny 1bdm condo apt. And nothing bad happened. I actually love it.
I also used to think it was because I had so much crap that I couldn't get organized and find my stuff...and you know, feng shui says you can't work if you have clutter in your home.

So.......I took an online art class, and started drawing a bit.
And I'm putting all my art supplies out and organizing them.
So, THIS TIME I'm determined to do it.
I have several friends who are doing it, and selling their cool art stuff on eBay and Etsy.
I can do that. for sure.
Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!