Wednesday, June 17, 2009

the Highway next door

So, I live in a really busy area, Edison, NJ. It's in central NJ, near Raritan Center, a huge business hub. The condo I'm renting is about 100 yards from the New Jersey Turnpike, (at Exit 10,) and Route 287. Both roads are extremely busy, day and night, and are major highways in the state.
At first, I thought it would be annoying to live so close to those highways , because of the constant noise. But since the first day, I have not only NOT been bothered by it, but I kind-of enjoy it. I mean, it is a constant din of noise, but I don't hear it inside, and from inside sometimes it sounds like rolling thunder at night, which I really like. Also, it's like a white noise background, which I also like, because I have tinitus, (ringing in the ears,) and I listen to ocean sounds to sleep to anyway.
During the winter, you could see the trucks and the roads, but now, the trees are full, and you can't see it, even though you can still hear it, of course.

I also like it because to me, it represents life going on & on & on always the same...
...even though the economy is crap, the government is basically corrupt, rising crime, general life chaos. Companies need their stuff delivered, markets need their food, & the trucks keep running.
Here is a little idea of what it's like. This was shot today, around 2 PM. I'm gonna film it at other times too, like at night, and in the morning. Monday it was Really Loud, and Richard (my dh) says it was because after the weekend, there are a lot of deliveries to be made.
Call me crazy but I like trucks. I like truck drivers too. Well, especially one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!