Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jerry's Artarama trip!








I've been getting emails for Jerry's Artarama , a discount art supply store , for years. I just found out that they have an outlet store in NJ, and now that I moved up here, it's only about 35 minutes away, so yesterday I went!
I took the Garden State Parkway to Exit 145, then Route 280 West, to Exit 8A, then to Prospect Street in West Orange to the store! It was easy and Rt 280 is an amazing road, it's huge, lots of inclines and grades, kinda cutting thru some Huge Hills, and actually turns into Interstate Rt 80,which crosses the entire US! http://www.nycroads.com/roads/I-280_NJ/

Anyway, the store is great, if you love art stores, Like I do. So much fun, I can get really lost in these kind of stores, and there are not many of them left anymore, due to the giant crafty ones like Michaels. And,of course, I bought some stuff: a couple of sketch books, a few watercolor pencils, and the Derwent Intense Pencils I have been wanting to try. (plus a few more things. :-)














No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!