Thursday, September 17, 2009

Saving Basil



Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been here. So sorry...
The main excuse I have is that my camera cord was missing and I had to get another one. But, that's really just an excuse...
Anyway,
by now you know it's the middle of September. Almost Rosh Hashanah. It's starting to really feel like Fall now, chilly at night and sunny during the day. Really Nice. But Summer is pretty much gone. I feel like a lot of us in that we didn't have much summer, only July and August, 'cause June was All Rain. :(
My basil plants are on their way out, too. Leggy and seedy, I've made some freezer packets of basil leaves like my father-in-law used to do for me. It takes a little while to do, but the leaves stay green, and you have little perfect size portions that you can slice into basil ribbons, or shred into whatever you want.
Just take some leaves, put them together, layering the leaves, like they're spooning.
Then, roll into little loaves, and rubber band together. Then, just freeze in a zip-lock bag, and they're ready when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!