Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Moving to 119.

So, we moved August 1st, & then I got the flu on August 2nd. That kinda put the damper on our new place for me, for a while. I was so sick I couldn't unpack, so now I'm staring at a lot of boxes, and they're staring back. I open one, look in, and close it back up. The only thing worse than packing, is unpacking.
One of my better ideas was borrowing a shopping cart from the supermarket. Asking the manager was so embarrassing, but it was such a winner. Since we were only moving upstairs, I knew I could load it up with clothes and food and stuff, and just go up in the elevator, and into the condo, and unpack it, without putting stuff into boxes.
not bad.

Rich stayed home one day to take care of me and help unpack , and wait for the cable guy. He was such a big help. I sent him to the drug store for immodium, toilet paper, chicken soup, and ginger ale...and he came home with it all, like a champ.

A big hassle about moving is calling everyone and changing addresses for my doctors, and all that crap. So, I'm gonna do that Friday. I think. The mail will keep
getting forwarded to our new place
for a month, and our phone is still the same number , so that's great.

This is the view from our balcony now, we're up higher, so that's ok, but it's noisier, 'cause now, 287 is within our sights.

So, I was gonna unpack this past weekend, but Jesse decided to come home for a visit with his bf Jason. He asked first, if it was not a good weekend to come, and of course, it wasn't , but I adore him, so of course, I said , No Problem. And they came, went to the beach, came back, brought pizza, saw friends, and I loved every minute.
And Joey loves Jess to death. After he left, Joey was so sad, he just laid around all day and moped.











No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line!